May 4, 2012
Federico Viticci for MacStories:
In my workflow, there is a distinction between apps “for writing” and tools for quick “note-taking”, but in order to minimize the effort required to keep everything in sync and tied together, I set out to make sure the differences of such tasks could coexist within a single ecosystem.
Read the post to learn about some applications you might not be aware of.
But when thinking about workflows, if I’d have to choose every time between 10 applications to transform the input into the desired output, I’d invest some time into simplifying and automating the process. The way I’d start would be answering some basic questions:
- what kind of inputs do I usually use?
- what kind of outputs do I usually produce?
- what is the shortest path from input to output?
- what is the best app to accept my input?
- what is the best way to produce this type of output?
- if it’s a multi-step process, can I automate it?